#8Sunday: From Terran…the SOS note that failed…

When Tara’s attempt to seduce her way to freedom fails, she manages to trick Marlix, her kidnapper into delivering a note to her shopmate. Marlix can’t read Terran. But he gets suspicious and takes the note to someone who can. From Terran, Breeder series book 2:

“What does this say?”

The man glanced at it, and his face drained of color. “I-I’m not good at all their languages, Commander.”

Marlix slammed his fist on the counter. “Read it to me!”

The beta darted his gaze to the entrance as if searching for escape. He wet his lips. “It-It says, ‘I am OK, but I’m being held captive b-b-by Alpha Commander Marlix at his domicile…

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors in which authors present eight sentences from their fiction. To visit the other authors, click here.

CB_Terran_coverlgTerran (Breeder series book 2) – Buy Link

After fleeing heartache on Terra, Tara Diehl has adjusted to male-dominated Parseon better than most vendors until she is kidnapped by Alpha Marlix, a ruling commander. At first her tall, muscled abductor terrifies her, especially when he doesn’t hesitate to quell her struggle for freedom with some force. When her attempts to escape fail, she decides to seduce her way to freedom.

But out of seduction and subterfuge grow a true intimacy that cause Marlix and Tara to take action that drives Parseon to the brink of civil war, threatening not only their relationship, but also their lives.

Terran, the second book in the Breeder sci-fi series, is a “capture” romance involving a domineering but hunky alien, a female with a bad dye job and an even worse attitude.  All Breeder books can be read as stand-alones.

This entry was posted in Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to #8Sunday: From Terran…the SOS note that failed…

1. Blondie says:

Love your teasers

2. S.J. Maylee says:

Oh! I remember this part. He had my heart pounding. Yes, Cara is a great tease. 🙂

3. Lisa Medley says:

Poor Marlix. He’d probably rather face a HOARD of aliens than deal with Tara. Just as we like it 😀

4. Lorien Lyn says:

Love the tension in the dialogue. Great snippet!

5. Botanist says:

Hmmm…it seems obvious that the note would be a cry for help, so now I’m curious how she tricked him – just how gullible did she hope he would be?

6. Gem says:

Now he has to decide what he’s going to do about the note and Tara herself. Intriguing snippet.

7. Sarah Cass says:

I love Tara and her brave attempts at freedom. Great 8.

8. Oops, she failed to think of that contingency! Love this series of novels, another excellent excerpt today.

9. Oooh, intriguing. I haven’t been around in a while, but I have missed reading about Tara and I can’t wait to see what happens now.

10. Tina Christopher says:

Oh-oh! I see trouble coming her way;).

11. Caitlin says:

This guy really didn’t want to read that note, I bet he knew how Marlix was going to react to Tara trying to escape. Badly.

12. Uh-oh! That note is loaded with all kinds of dire consequences. Wonder if the translator didn’t want to read the note because he was worried about his wrath toward him or towards his captive? Did the translator know/think that Marlix was enough of a tyrant to hold a captive? I haven’t read the book (sorry) but I wonder if she tricked him into thinking about her as no-longer-his-captive and this note blows that impression right out of the game? Lots to think about. Great 8.