Long Shot, a Corbin’s Bend #spanking romance, now on Amazon

Long-Shot-Final

Long Shot, my Corbin’s Bend spanking romance novella, has been released by Blushing Books, and is now available for purchase. If you like the Rod and Cane Society domestic discipline books, you’ll probably like Long Shot.

Long Shot Amazon Buy Link

Long Shot on Blushing Books

Long Shot Blurb

Abby Delaney moves to Corbin’s Bend to work at her aunt’s antique store to recover from a painful divorce. She gets more than expected when she meets sexy, charming Harris Montgomery, a local businessman and tennis pro, a man who seems to be the exact opposite of her ex-husband. Through Harris, she discovers her submissive side when he introduces her to spanking good times, and she begins to trust herself again.  But when the relationship progresses to a deeper level, she discovers Harris and her ex share more in common than she’d thought. With future happiness on the line, can she risk surrendering her heart on a long shot?

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

wine bottleTo celebrate Long Shot’s release, I’m holding a prize drawing for a bottle of Spanking Bottom Red Wine. Contest rules:

• Read the excerpt below, answer the question and leave your email address so you can be contacted if you win.
  • The winner will be chosen by random drawing on Monday, June 23, 2014.
  • If you win, you must be able to provide a continental U.S. street address (not a post office box)  to which the wine can be shipped via UPS (United Parcel Service). No prize substitutions will be allowed except for non US residents. (An Amazon  gift card will be provided instead). Void where prohibited.

Long Shot excerpt

In this scene, Abby is arranging vintage paddles at her aunt’s antique store when Harris, whom she met once previously, comes in and buys an antique spanking bench.

Furnitures “Would you like any paddles with that?” she asked in the same voice a burger flipper would suggest fries as an accompaniment.

“Good idea. Pick one out for me,” he replied. He already owned a cache of implements, but a strong curiosity demanded to see what she would choose.

“Oh, I doubt I’m the right person to do that.”

He approached her until the scent of strawberries teased his nose. “I’ll give you a choice. You can select a paddle or you can tell me why you didn’t tell your aunt the bench was for me.”

“I don’t know why.”

“That’s your answer?” He cocked his head and folded his arms.

She wet her lips and looked everywhere but at him. “What kind of paddle would you prefer?”

“What kind would you recommend?” he countered, knowing full well she had no idea of the differences.

“Well…” Abby moved to the wall where she’d hung the paddles carefully on coat racks. “We have uh, this kind.” She pointed to a smooth wooden ping pong style.

“A solid choice to cover a lot of surface area,” he said. “What else?”

“This one has holes.” She gestured to another.

He shook his head. “Too stingy.” For a beginner. Abby might have a secret spanking fetish, but she was still a virgin, so to speak.

“They’re all here.” Blushing profusely, she swept a graceful arm across the row of paddles like Vanna White lighting up a new Wheel of Fortune puzzle. “And over there.” She gestured to a washstand upon which several more rested and hung from the carved towel holder.

“That one’s leather.” She unhooked a more generous oblong-shaped one, and traced the edge before smoothing her hand over the flat surface. He’d been right about her liking for leather. He suppressed a grin and watched her caress the paddle blade. Her skin appeared pale next to the darkness of the hide, her nails on the short side, but painted pink. Spanked ass pink. He bit back a growl.

“Let me see.” Harris stepped over a pile of wadded newspapers. His cock pressed against the zipper of his jeans. He allowed his gaze to slide down to her chest, rising and falling. Her nipples formed beads underneath her ecru lace poet-style blouse. Leather and lace. Hard and soft. Masculine and feminine. Sexy.

He scanned her face. An answering desire swirled in her hazel eyes, but she wet her lips nervously. Seeing her tiny tongue flick over her lips cinched his intention. He’d offered to buy the bench on a whim, on a fantasy. But he would see her kneeling over it.

As he took the paddle, he allowed a finger to brush against the softness of hers. He squeezed the reinforced handle, testing the grip. Good fit. Abby’s mouth had parted, and her eyes riveted on the implement.

He snapped it against his thigh. CRACK! Abby jumped. His cock ached.

“This one.” He decided. “How much?” Didn’t matter. He’d pay any price. Seeing the fascination on her face made it worth any and every penny she asked.

“Sixty dollars.”

“You don’t need to check with your aunt?” he teased.

“She gave me carte blanche to price smaller items.”

He pulled out his wallet and handed his credit card and the paddle. “I’ll carry the bench to the register.”

Abby scurried to the front and rang up his purchases, using both an old manual cash register and a very modern credit card scanner. With amusement, he watched as she wrapped the paddle in tissue paper as if it was a fine piece of china and then bagged it.

“Thank you for shopping at Auntie Q’s,” she said politely.

Harris tucked his swaddled purchase under his arm, then picked up the bench. She hurried ahead to open the door.

He peered down at her. “Have you ever been spanked, Abby Delaney?” he asked in low voice.

Question: What is your coolest find from an antique store, flea market, or garage sale?

This entry was posted in Contests, Domestic discipline stories, My romances and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Long Shot, a Corbin’s Bend #spanking romance, now on Amazon

1. Rayanna Jamison says:

I’m buying this book tonight~As for my coolest find……I actually have a few scores I have found. My favorite is the chair in our room I scored at a yard sale for $5

2. I love that excerpt. Unfortunately, we don’t shop at garage sales, flea markets or antique stores, so no great finds for us.

You’re missing out on a lot of fun. The thrill of the hunt. But you’re entered in the contest anyway!

3. Leigh Smith says:

Another trip to Corbin’s Bend is in my future.

The best find was an antique buffet that I refinished and used as a bar cabinet in my dining room.

4. Toni Sue says:

Very nice excerpt. 🙂

My prized find is an antique wrought iron headboard for $20. They didn’t know what they had.

5. Congratulations on your new release!

I’ve gotten two nice coats at thrift shops. Does that count? One is a vintage cashmere “car coat” and the other was a barn coat that I got for $2.50 and wore all the time (I’m jazzy).

6. Blondie says:

Dang it, I have really never gone to an antique store, garage sale (since I was a young girl with my mom) or a rummage sale. But I would love to find an old leather strap, not a strop but a strap.
    And congratulations on your new release!!!!

Thank you, Blondie. I’m surprised that people don’t go to flea markets and the like.

• rayanna jamison says:

I was thinking the same thing Blondie! And I thought you were going to start selling leather at your shop? I’m still waiting 😉

7. I love flea markets and antique co-ops. My best finds so far : cranberry glass pitcher with four matching glasses for free! She was amazed that my husband fell in love with it and decided he needed it more than her!! Victorian wall candle holders for $10 a piece!! I love spending a Sunday with a bag of kettle corn looking for deals!!

It’s like a treasure hunt. One of my best finds was a set of china for $15. I only wanted the platter, but it came as a set.

8. loved this story!!
    congrats on the release!
    🙂

9. Sharon Davis says:

I found an antique brass music stand that makes a wonderful book holder. Now I want to go visit a flea market! My husband wouldn’t be happy if I started dragging more stuff into the house, though.

That would be nice, like for a cookbook in the kitchen, an atlas in the office. Family photo albums or scrapbooks.

mmm, lovely sexual tension. Just bought this! My favorite flea market find is an original silver pearl necklace, hand designed and set in a swirl of silver, like a clam’s shell, with a little hanging diamond. My mil bought it for me for a steal.

11. Laurel Lasky says:

I won a GC at BB and bought the book. We love going to thrift shops, garage sales looking for and finding many things. I have a bumper sticker on the car that says “warning: we brake for all garage sales” we bought an upholstered chair for $10.00. One of the best buys was at a flea market in Illinois, it was a cigar bad filled with wooden model cars. We had it appraised for .$35.00 each car. It cost $1.00!

12. Simone says:

Great excerpt, can’t wait to read the rest of the book.

I got a beautiful pearl & gemstone ring at the Fremantle markets in Western Australia when on holiday. They sold it for 30% off as they were moving. It fit perfectly, so it was all mine.

Love the name of the wine, pity I don’t live in the US – no chance of trying a bottle!

13. Lisa Wells says:

I just recently discovered a huge round wooden kitchen table that I’m still coveting. Even if I could afford it, my kitchen is not nearly big enough to hold it.

Loved your excerpt.

14. Bought it and can’t wait to read it – I’m kind of giddy and this is an awesome tease!! But first am reading The Author by Shelly Douglas. I had to pick hers up after a few hot sat spanks teasers…

Ok, an antique store find. Not a spanking bench, that’s for sure. I found an old copy – you won’t believe me – of Justine from the Marquis de Sade with an inscription inside it dedicating the book to ‘his Constance’. I do not know who his Constance was but for a while, I was desperate to find out. I think the fact that it was old and used, the cover this strange almost suede like material, made it all the more special.

Congrats on the new release Cara. It will do until Warrior comes out!!! No pressure… 😉

15. Angela Drake says:

Oh my, Miss Cara. On my purchase list.
    As to coolest find…. at an estate auction. I bought a box of books for $1. Buried beneath a variety of paper backs was a hard bound, first edition of journal entries from Civil War soldiers. I need to get the item appraised. The other was from a library book sale (are you seeing a theme here? hehe) A coffee table book of JFKs presidental life. Tucked inside was a typewriter printed sheet of the complete funeral service.

16. Dona Fellows says:

My best ever was at a Sheriff’s sale when they were clearing out an unpaid storage unit. A 1924 Mahogany 3/4 sleigh bed that later valued at $1900…I paid $24 for.

17. Michael says:

Clara, I just finished “Long Shot” and greatly enjoyed your book. I urge everyone to grab a copy and be wonderfully entertained.

My best find at a flea market was in the late 90s when baseball cards were going through a resurgence. At a table manned by two boys aged about 12 and 10 I fingered through about half a dozen shoe boxes jammed with baseball cards even though I hadn’t collected cards since I was a kid. I found a 1987 Greg Maddux Chicago Cubs rookie card from the Donruss company in very good condition. I think the card was priced at 50 cents but I handed it to the older boy and told him it was worth a lot more than that and he should hold on to it. He just looked at me then his father stepped up took the card and thanked me. I just checked online and the Hall of Famer’s (Maddux was elected this past winter and will be inducted into the HoF this summer) rookie card is worth about $28 dollars in mint condition. Not as much as I thought but in the 90s there were more baseball card companies flooding the market with millions of cards. What made cards so valuable in past generations was their rarity as there were fewer companies printing fewer cards.

18. Sandy says:

I’m one of those unfortunate souls that hasn’t found anything worthwhile at a garage sale or estate sale…. but I keep going and keep hoping and I keep looking 🙂

19. Chelle says:

Hmm… I mostly buy knickknacks and books but one time my BFF and I were shopping at a flea market and I looked at a little vase but couldn’t find the lady to buy it from. I found a few wooden folding chairs at another stall and we left. Later my BFF went back without me, bought the vase and gave it to me for my birthday. 🙂

20. Karen says:

Your books are wonderful I have purchased all of them. I can’t wait to read this one starting Monday. I work all weekend. Best find was what I call a turkey platter. I paid 5.00 . Turns out it is a fine bone china platter from England. Watermark was on the bottom and I did not notice it till thanksgiving many months later.

21. Susan Clement says:

My coolest find was an antique chest I used for years for extra storage. It had leather straps and looked great in front of the bed with an afghan over it. I loved that chest. I absolutely LOVE your breeder books in my favorite genre!! Cannot wait for more! Thank you!

22. Donna says:

I love to shop for vintage 1920’s marcasite brooches and quirky tea pots. I’m buying Corbin’s Bend tonight, my plan is to stay in bed all Sunday morning reading with a cup of tea.