#Sunday: From Terran…the fallout begins…

wewriwa

In last weekend’s snippet from my sci-fi romance Terran (Breeder 2), you may recall that Tara, who has been kidnapped by an Alpha Commander, managed to sneak out a note. But the shit hits the fan when Marlix discovers he was duped. We continue with the fallout (Urazi is Marlix’s beta or partner) . . .

CB_Terran_coverlgIn a plume of dust, Urazi drove up with a conveyance pulled by two huge beasts. She eyed their transport, pressed her lips together, and glared at Marlix. “Where are we going?”

“To the last place anyone would search.”

“Where is that?” She willed him to look at her. He did then, and she regretted fulfillment of her wish, because beneath his anger, she spied betrayal and hurt.

“You will ride in the back.”

Thank you for visiting!

Please check out the other authors of Weekend Writing Warriors.

Terran blurb – Buy Link

After fleeing heartache on Terra, Tara Diehl has adjusted to male-dominated Parseon better than most vendors until she is kidnapped by Alpha Marlix, a ruling commander. At first her tall, muscled abductor terrifies her, especially when he doesn’t hesitate to quell her struggle for freedom with some force. When her attempts to escape fail, she decides to seduce her way to freedom.

But out of seduction and subterfuge grow a true intimacy that cause Marlix and Tara to take action that drives Parseon to the brink of civil war, threatening not only their relationship, but also their lives.

Terran, the second book in the Breeder sci-fi series, is a “capture” romance involving a domineering but hunky alien, a female with a bad dye job and an even worse attitude.  All Breeder books can be read as stand-alones.

♥ ♥ ♥

This week, I passed the 50K mark on Warrior, the third book in the Breeder series. I expect to finish the first draft by the end of June, edit throughout July, and submit it to Loose Id early in August, with a possible publication date in the fall.

This entry was posted in My romances, Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to #Sunday: From Terran…the fallout begins…

1. Uh-oh. I’ll be interested to see where it is he’s taking her. Great snippet, Cara!

2. Jena Jaxon says:

Somehow this doesn’t sound good for Tara. “The last place anyone would search” sounds ominous. Great 8!

3. Gem Sivad says:

His, “you will ride in the back” resonated hurt anger. Well done!

4. Well at least he’s trying to take care of hr, hurt and betrayed or not. Excellent excerpt! Glad to hear the new book is going so well…

5. Sarah Cass says:

Very curious where they are going. Love the dynamic between them. So very intense.

6. Susan Clement says:

Loved this book and the first one. Looking forward to Warrior!

Wow, talk about the undercurrent of anger. Great snippet, Cara.

8. She’s in for a whole lot of trouble, I fear. Good eight.

9. Tina Christopher says:

Oh-oh! I love her seeing the emotion in his eyes. The tension tripled! Adding Terran to my TBR;).

10. S.J. Maylee says:

Oh man, I remember feeling bad for Marlix at this point. Yes, I felt bad for the kidnapper. My crush had already begun. However, I was also worried for Tara. Great snippet.

11. Botanist says:

Oops! He does not sound happy. Although surely he can’t blame her for trying, can he?

12. Lorien Lyn says:

Fantastic snippet! Really enjoyed the tension between them. 🙂

13. Oh no! Loved the intensity of the emotions between them. This doesn’t sound like it will end well though.

14. Caitlin says:

I’m with Tara–she’s been kidnapped, she has a right to try to escape. On the other hand, I can see how this culture clash could lead to Marlix feeling hurt.

15. Great snippet! Sounds like there’s trouble brewing once they get to their destination. great intensity to the scene 🙂

16. Millie Burns says:

Oh goodness, she’s been kidnapped. Of course she’s going to try to escape. I hope her punishment isn’t too harsh…

17. Sandy says:

I can not wait for book #3 ..I’m really looking forward to it.

18. Step says:

When is Book #3 going to come out?!?? I LOVE THIS SERIES!!