Saturday #Spankings: A feminist, a Dom & Body Politics

Vector flying Star with light pink christmas backgroundGreetings Saturday Spankers! July marks my fifth year as a published author. Each week for Saturday Spankings I’m going to present a snippet from one my backlisted books. This week, I’m excerpting Body Politics, the third book in the Rod and Cane Society domestic discipline series. In this scene, Stephanie, a diehard feminist, is on a date with Mark DeLuca. He has taken her to an event at the Rod and Cane mansion. She has just learned what Rod and Cane is all about…

CB_RACS3_BodyPolitics_coverlgThe one thing she’d gleaned from Cassidy’s article was that domestic discipline was consensual—or as consensual as it could be, since the women had to be brainwashed to agree to something so crazy. What were the odds, she wondered. Was it a cosmic joke to pair a women’s libber with a chauvinist who spanked? A feminist and a Dom go into a bar…

So not funny.

Boy, had Elizabeth been wrong about this man. Wow.

He maintained contact, his arm searing her waist through two layers of clothing as they walked side by side like a normal couple instead of a shell-shocked feminist and a kinky sexist who were going to part company the instant the evening ended.

Body Politics on Amazon

Body Politics blurb

Feminist Stephanie Gordon knows the instant she meets blind date Mark DeLuca it’s going to be a wasted evening. Sure the deputy chief of police is criminally sexy, but he’s arrogant, domineering and sexist. Thank goodness after the date ends, she’ll never have to see him again. A member of the Rod and Cane Society, an organization of men who discipline their women by spanking, Mark DeLuca is attracted to Stephanie like a paddle to a well-rounded ass. He sees beneath the shield of feminist militancy to the soft, sensitive woman she tries to hide. When she storms away in a snit, the chase is on. Can a man who spanks convince a diehard feminist her true strength lies in submission?

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Saturday #Spankings: A feminist, a Dom & Body Politics

1. Jenna Jaxon says:

Just read this book on my last day of vacation and my Kindle died at 85%! Was I ever mad! Finally got it charged and finished it. Loved it too! Now I go back and start at the beginning of the series. LOL Fun excerpt, Cara.

Oh no! I’ve had that happen. Gotta watch that Kindle battery! Glad you enjoyed Body Politics. It was so much fun to write.

2. I loved this book. I love the last line in your excerpt Cara! 🙂

Such an entertaining book!

4. Tara Finnegan says:

I just love her thoughts on the bad joke.
    I haven’t read this one but I will have to rectify that now. I’m curious to see how hard a feminist falls!

5. OH OH OH! They so are NOT going to part company when the evening ends. I know these things. This book has me chomping at the bit to read… (sorry, you know me and pony girls) a women’s lib vs a kinky male? It had WOW written all over it LOL.

6. PK Corey says:

I’m just picturing what she was thinking as the night went on.

7. Little did she know what lay ahead…

8. Leigh Smith says:

I loved this series, may have to visit again.

9. A feminist and a Dom go into a bar… and he orders a screaming orgasm. LOL Sorry, but that’s the first thing that came to mind. I’ve read this one and loved it, as well as the entire series. Keep ’em coming! Um… the last comment, no pun intended. Seriously!

10. Boy does she have the wrong impression. I’ve a feeling things will be crystal clear before long. Thanks for an intituling snippet.

11. Sometimes people think they know everything, and they don’t. I love watching them figure it out!

12. Anonymous says:

A feminist and a Dom go into a bar…

God, this had me cackling, Cara! Hilarious inner monologue here. Great writing, as usual from you.

Thanks for sharing.

13. Heather says:

I love your Breeder series but haven’t checked this one out yet. I am thinking I must….

14. Joelle Casteel says:

interesting snippet, Cara. I do need to get to this book eventually. I so struggle with the woman’s POV though- I so thoroughly dislike the “diehard feminist” who assumes a spanker, especially a spanking male, as a sexist. I do enjoy how surprised she is at how he doesn’t fit her stereotypes.

15. Maren Smith says:

It’s only been 5 years?! Wow, you have come such a long way! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary, Cara! This was one of my favorites of your book and the reason for it is captured right in this snippet. That last line is just wonderful!