Five years ago this past Wednesday, I signed my first publishing contract. So this month, for Saturday Spankings, I am excerpting from my backlisted works. This week’s is from Disciplinary Measures, Rod and Cane 4. As an anniversary present to myself, I’m squeezing in two extra sentences.

CB_Disciplinary-Measures_coverlg“Your ass is red like a cherry,” he said, and she bristled at the hint of pride that colored his tone, but then he massaged her bottom, stroking her skin, kneading the muscle underneath.

“Mm,” she said, wiggling. “I like that.”

“How did you like the spanking?” he asked.

“I don’t know.” She’d disliked the pain, yet something inside felt satisfied.

“It made you wet. You came like a firecracker.”

“Yes,” she admitted, her face growing hot with discomfort. She shied away from examining why she had gotten off on being dominated.

Disciplinary Measures on Amazon

Thank you for visiting. Please check out the other Saturday Spankings authors.

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Saturday Spankings: From Disciplinary Measures…some things are best left unexamined

1. Melody Parks says:

5 years… I can only imagine what that feels like. How does it feel compared to when you first started out as an author?
    You’re an amazing writer Cara. I love the breeder series. I think I’m going to have to give your backlist a looksee 😉

Funny you should ask! I just wrote a whole week of posts about that (the Authorversary Prize-A-Palooza). It is easier–but busier now than when I started. It has been an “e-ticket” ride. Woo hoo!

2. Laurel Lasky says:

I hate to see this end. Giveaways are nice but is much more then that. I feel I can say what I want without being judged and I try very hard not to be judgmental. I’ll continue following your blog even if there is no contest. Big hags 🙂

LOL. Thank you for participating. There will be more contests. Coming up (really soon!) will be the 10,000th commenter prize. The 10,000th person to comment on my blog gets a prize! As of this morning, I had 9,953 comments. So it could happen this week! Certainly by early August.

And when I post my 1,000th blog, there will be a prize drawing. Today’s blog is number 903.

Of course, I’ll give something away with the release of Warrior in the fall.

But I will continue to write entertaining and/or informative blogs.

3. Laurel Lasky says:

That’s hugs. An iPad is not the greatest word processor.

4. Great snippet Cara! I can feel her confusion. Happy anniversary by the way! 🙂

5. This was a hot little book and I like that you gave yourself an anniversary present… 🙂

6. Tara Finnegan says:

Somehow I missed out on this one, although I do love the Rod and Cane series. On the plus side, now I get to read it!
    Congratulations on an incredible 5 years.

It is probably the steamiest of the Rod and Cane books. I wrote it as a Loose Id Spring Fling. Every now and then Loose Id puts out a call for submissions for short stories. They had wanted one featuring authors’ existing characters. I wrote Disciplinary Measures for the Fling. I created new characters, but used the existing organization–the Rod and Cane Society. If one hasn’t read the Rod and Cane series, Disciplinary Measures is like an appetizer. If one HAS read the series, then it’s like dessert.

7. Leigh Smith says:

You’re forgiven for the two extra sentences. Wait, I’m not Ms. Kathryn.

This is a terrific series – I love the these characters.

8. Melissa Weeks says:

love the blurb

9. PK Corey says:

Sometimes it’s best to just accept and not try to analyze. I’ve given up trying to understand the attraction and just go with it.

10. Congratulations on your Anniversary, and I think I have this on my Kindle. Better get to reading!

11. Sorry I’ve been MIA but congrats on your anniversary. Five years!

12. congrats on the anniversary, Cara!
    I loved this one, and agree, it was definitely the cherry on top of a great ice cream sundae!
    🙂

I love “you came like a firecracker”– great image!

14. Ah, the paradox of pleasure and pain. And the excitement when it’s delivered by a dominant man. So good! Congrats on your 5 year anniversary. You have been quite prolific. Best wishes for another successful 5 and more.

15. rayanna jamison says:

Happy Anniversary! I really need to finish this series! Loved the first two!

16. Because domination is lots of fun girl – get with the program 😉 ~grinning~ I suspect she’ll come around eventually ~pun may or may not have been intended~