#8Sunday, Saturday Spankings: More from Warrior…

Coming in the fall 2014-- Warrior (Breeder 3), the end of the trilogy.

Coming in the fall 2014– Warrior (Breeder 3), the end of the trilogy.

Greetings weekend hoppers! I’m continuing with excerpts from Warrior, the third Breeder sci-fi romance. It’s been submitted to Loose Id, and I am waiting to hear back.

A little background on the snippet: Anika’s brother, who holds authority over her, intends for her to become another Alpha’s breeder. He does not know that Anika has been involved in a clandestine relationship with Urazi, his beta (former partner). Distraught over the turn of events, Anika runs to Urazi, hoping he will save her. This is Urazi’s reaction (and POV):

“Alpha Marlix has made a wise decision. Commander Ilian is kind. To become his—” he broke off, unable to force breeder and its connotation` past his lips—” to serve in his household is a great honor for a female.”

Anika worked her mouth. “That is all you have to say?” She stared at him, her eyes huge in her face.

Urazi blinked to avoid embarrassing himself. “I wish you many sons.”

Unofficial Warrior blurb

A female fighting for freedom. A male armed with determination. Can they save their people?

As a despotic Qalin marches through Parseon intent on conquering every province, Commander Marlix pledges his sister to another Alpha to protect her. Desperate to decide her own fate, Anika flees and finds refuge with the guerilla resistance movement against Qalin. Marlix’s beta Urazi, a male of lesser status, tracks her intending to bring her home to fulfill her duty. But when love blossoms between them, and provinces fall to Qalin, Anika and Urazi realize home has ceased to exist and they alone are all that stand between the people of Parseon and the end of the world.

Thank you for visiting!

Please check out the other authors of Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors. For #SatSpanks, click on the links. For WeWriWa, click on the logo.

white wewriwa badge

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings, Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to #8Sunday, Saturday Spankings: More from Warrior…

1. Aww, I could feel the hurt from both of them. Great snippet Cara 🙂

2. Laurel Lasky says:

I love the excerpt. I hope it’s released soon. 🙂

3. Emily Tilton says:

Your heroes have such complexity, Cara. Really neat.

4. Oh man, could you have given them a more difficult situation? Sad scene I think for Urazi and for Anika. I really liked Urazi in Terran and I’m looking forward to him having his own book.

5. Leigh Smith says:

I am really looking forward to reading this book.

6. Poor Anika. I hope that things work out for her!

7. Love the image, and the brother angle makes it interesting.

8. PK Corey says:

Poor girl, not at all what she wanted him to say.

9. Casey McKay says:

I love Urazi and Anika! So she’s going to tell Urazi and Marlix they are both idiots, right? You aren’t killing anyone else off, are you??

10. Loved the tension and emotion! Great snippet!!

11. susan arden says:

Captivating! Definitely draws the reader inside. Thank you.

12. Jule Kijek says:

Great snippet. So looking forward to reading the book.

13. Juneta says:

Gutsy, I like her response and have to agree. Is that he has to say? Sounds like a fun read.

Juneta at Writer’s Gambit

14. Loved this little bit of delicate ‘tact’ and could almost feel the tension in that room… as they say – you could have cut it with a knife 😉

15. Gem Sivad says:

No solace or comfort to be found there. Just saying–you may redeem him later but Urazi gets a total vote of “no confidence” from me right now. 🙁

Thank you for that comment. Urazi is quite stricken by the news. He just can’t show it. He does indeed redeem himself.

16. So much emotion in so few words. Wow! You can feel how hard it is for him to put duty before how he feels. Great job!

17. Meka James says:

Sadness…you can tell he’s not happy about this turn of events but duty prevents him from saying so. I just know Anika hoped for a different reaction, to know that what they’d been sharing meant something to him.

great 8 a lot was packed into that snippet!

18. Botanist says:

LOL! That’s why he’s a beta and not an alpha 🙂

19. Sarah Cass says:

Ack, oy…to continue to play his proper role and have to wound her and himself is so painful to read. I hope we are able to see some of his redemption ourselves before you cease to continue showing us this great series.

20. What a nasty situation. In show business, I’d yell Take 2 or 10 until I like it. Yikes! What sadness. This is definitely not a comedy.

21. Ok, yes I feel his pain – and having him unable to utter the word breeder was a powerful moment, Cara – but if I were her, I’d be VERY irritated that he doesn’t have anything better to offer, to say the least. I understand the dynamics of their world, it’s just….I want him to step UP LOL. Can’t wait to find out more! Terrific excerpt!

22. S.J. Maylee says:

Oh man, my heart is breaking for them. I’m curious and nervous to learn what you have in store for them.

23. Having read only the 8 lines, I didn’t like him–thought him rather spineless. After reading the blurb? His seeming indifference is but a brush stroke in the big picture. Nicely done, Cara!

24. As a beta he probably feels that he doesn’t have the position to change things and may even make things worse for her – her brother feels that an Alpha could protect her, maybe Urazi is just as worried. Of course she is disappointed in his response. How very disheartening for both of them.

Hell hath no fury…what a betrayal. Great snippet, Cara. 🙂

26. Millie Burns says:

Oh poor thing. And he’s not able to give her the comfort she needs right now. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out! Good luck with the submission.

27. Tina Christopher says:

Wow! Their pain is leaping off the page. Great job!

28. A lot of pain in just a few words. Lovely snippet!

29. Melody Parks says:

This sounds like it’s going to be the best one yet. ☺

30. how crushing for her to hear his reaction to the news that she’ s going to be come a breeder. Come on, man! say something heroic!