Saturday Spankings and #8Sunday: From Warrior (Breeder 3)!

Welcome to the very first snippet hop installment of Warrior. In the weeks to come, I’ll be excerpting eight sentences every weekend from the third and final Breeder science fiction romance novel.

Warrior opens with planet Parseon embroiled in civil war. Commander Marlix is sending his sibling Anika to become Commander Ilian’s breeder. Anika does not want this. In this scene, Anika has just opened a bag handed to her by Tara, Marlix’s breeder/wife. (Note: bleach is deliberated misspelled).

Coming in the fall 2014-- Warrior (Breeder 3), the end of the trilogy.

Coming in the fall 2014– Warrior (Breeder 3), the end of the trilogy.

She frowned as she extracted a box with a picture of smiling Terran female with light yellow hair.

Bleeech,” Tara explained.

“What is that?”

Tara flipped a shock of pink hair over her shoulder. “A substance to remove the color from your brunette hair and turn it blond like the shade on the picture.”

Anika dropped the box. “Why would I want that?”

“To disguise your appearance so people won’t recognize you–you are intending to run away, aren’t you?”

Unofficial Warrior Blurb

A female fighting for freedom. A male armed with determination.

Can they save their people?

As a despotic Qalin marches through Parseon intent on conquering every province, Commander Marlix pledges his sister to another Alpha to protect her. Desperate to decide her own fate, Anika flees and finds refuge with the guerilla resistance movement against Qalin. Marlix’s beta Urazi, a male of lesser status, tracks her down intending to bring her home to fulfill her duty. But when love blossoms between them, and provinces fall to Qalin, Anika and Urazi realize the home they knew has ceased to exist, and they alone are all that stand between the people of Parseon and a fate worse than death.

To visit the authors of Weekend Writing Warriors, click on the logo.

white wewriwa badge

To visit Saturday Spankings authors, click on a link:

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings, Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Saturday Spankings and #8Sunday: From Warrior (Breeder 3)!

1. Lisa Medley says:

I am so looking forward to this book. Anika is going to be one tough chick 😀

2. Howdy! says:

I knew they would get together! When is the book coming out?

In the fall. I will submit it to Loose Id in about a week. Assuming it is accepted, publishing will be according to the publisher’s schedule. Judging from past experience, I would guess end of October, early November.

3. Love the ‘bleeeech’ – go on, colour that hair lady. Blondes have more fun 😉 Love the piccie btw 😉

4. Melissa Weeks says:

ow i love this i cant wait to read it

5. Emily Tilton says:

Oh, the defamiliarization here is fantastic! Nicely played!

6. Melody Parks says:

I just know there’s going to be plenty of hot action in Warrior. Loved your note that bleach was misspelled on purpose.
    Bye, bye pretty pink locks.

7. This sounds interesting. I wonder why Tara thinks that Anika wants to run away. I can’t wait for more!

8. Leigh Smith says:

Excellent. Sounds like a great follow up to the other two.

9. I want to know why she’s running away….great snippet!

10. Looks like another great series to add to my “Books to read :)”

11. Weeks of temptation building up to the big release… you are such a tease, Cara. But we love it. Keep those snippets coming!

12. Blondie says:

I have blonde hair but sometimes I think of going wild and dying my hair pink. Your snippets are keeping me on my toes. Looking forward to see what happens next

13. Tara Finnegan says:

I think Tara will be in as much trouble as Anneka! Look forward to more of this.

14. I can’t imagine running away will go down well if and when she gets caught. Love the misspelling. Great snippet Cara 🙂

15. Heather Boyd says:

Cool teaser. I read Terran last week btw and loved it. I was hoping Urazi got his own story! 🙂

16. Great excerpt. I wonder, does Bleeech work better on account of the extra “E”‘s? ;D

17. Gemma Parkes says:

Sound advice, get that hair bottle blonde and get out of there!

18. I’m with Gemma. Get out of there, blondie. Then where’s the story? Gone, baby gone so she stays and we read.

19. Tina Christopher says:

Yay, Anika gets her own story;). Neat snippet.

20. Caitlin says:

I like how she drops the box as if the bleach is going to get her. She’s going to have to be a little braver if she really wants to get away undetected!

21. S.J. Maylee says:

Loving the camaraderie between these two. Poor Anika, her hair color is maybe the first of so many changes. The anticipation is killing me, Cara. I can’t wait for this one. 🙂

22. I can’t wait to read this book! Enjoyed the snippet today so much. Tara sure has Anika pegged, as far as what she might do next. Great 8!

23. Sarah Cass says:

Aw, I’m going to miss Marlix & Tara…but from what I can tell I’m going to really enjoy Anika. Looking forward to more snippets!

Nice! Yes, she is. Great snippet, Cara. 🙂

25. Meka James says:

LOL…I could picture Anika turning her nose up in disgust at the thought of bleaching her hair.

26. Great dialogue! I especially love the last line 🙂 Shows a lot about their characters here. Great snippet!