Saturday Spankings, #8Sunday: From Warrior…can’t fight the feeling

Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000040_00014]Only a little more than three weeks until the release of Warrior! October 21, 2014! Warrior is the third book in the Breeder series. The most intense one yet. I promise

I would love to reveal some of my favorite parts of the book–but I’m saving those for the book! So, for this week’s Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors, I’m sharing this snippet.

Anika is on the run from an arranged breeding. Urazi has tracked her down. It is the dead of winter, and they are bedded down outdoors. They were freezing until Urazi put their sleep mats together, and they’re now cuddled up for warmth (we’re in Urazi’s POV).

She purred like a feleen. “Mm. This is better.”

Surely not.

“I missed you.” She curled her fingertips into his chest, splayed the other hand against his back and rubbed.

He hadn’t missed her. He’d ached for her, hungered for her, yearned for her, feared with near desperation she might have fallen victim to some tragedy.

Warrior blurb

A female fighting for freedom. A male armed with determination. Can they save their people?

As a despotic Qalin marches through Parseon intent on conquering every province, Commander Marlix pledges his sister to another Alpha to protect her. Desperate to decide her own fate, Anika flees and finds refuge with the guerilla resistance movement against Qalin. Marlix’s beta Urazi, a male of lesser status, tracks her intending to bring her home to fulfill her duty. But when love blossoms between them, and provinces fall to Qalin, Anika and Urazi realize home has ceased to exist and they alone are all that stand between the people of Parseon and the end of the world.

Thank you for visiting. Please check out the other authors of the blog hops.

For Weekend Writing Warriors click on the logo: (goes live on Sunday)

white wewriwa badge

For Saturday Spankings, click on the one of the links:

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings, Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Saturday Spankings, #8Sunday: From Warrior…can’t fight the feeling

1. Love the way he’s thinking, although sometimes after the fear is relieved, the anger settles in. Urazi, eh? Can’t wait for this to be released.

2. Laurel Lasky says:

I love the names in the series but I glad I’m not doing the typing. I would probably keep misspelling them. lol

3. Addy Raine says:

Oooh, his need for her is incredible. Very very nice!

4. Leigh Smith says:

I don’t like rushing time, it goes fast enough, but I’ll be glad to see this one available.

5. PK Corey says:

I’m really looking forward to this one too. The poor men on the planet are just beginning to realize what can come from loving a female (although they would never admit it.) I know this one’s going to be good.

6. That last sentence! Now I’m really hoping that October-21st comes faster!

7. Holla Dean says:

I have the other breeder books on my kindle but haven’t read them yet. Now I want to read them so I can get this one!

8. Emily Tilton says:

You just *get* the emotional side of power-exchange eroticism Cara. Lovely as always.

9. You are such a tease! I love this passage and his strong feelings. Very compelling stuff. I can hardly wait for the book to come out.

10. I’ve heard so much about your Breeder books! Will have to read them!

11. Joelle Casteel says:

love it, Cara… his thoughts, how he didn’t just miss her, were perfect

12. Heather says:

So excited for Warrior! Counting down…. 🙂

13. Alice says:

good snippet. I’m looking forward to starting this series

14. Wonderfully erotic details, and a beautifully crafted scene. Well done!

15. Lovely scene. He seems so strong but tender at the same time 🙂

16. Hot thoughts from the warrior toward her. Well written and explicit. Makes the reader want to share what’s under the blanket.

17. Gemma Parkes says:

I love the way you have described his need…delicious!

Great snippet, Cara. I love his desperation for her. Nicely done. 🙂

19. I love his emotions here. Can’t wait for the book!!!

20. Meka James says:

Congrats on the upcoming release. He has her back, but for how long? Does he have a duty to return her for the breeding or will he speak up and make it known how he feels about her?

21. Jule Kijek says:

This is one of THE best covers I’ve ever seen! Simply stunning! Loved the snippet. Can’t wait to get it on my Kindle!

22. S.J. Maylee says:

I can imagine that fear would be hard to let go. I cannot wait to read this! 😀

23. Tina Christopher says:

I love his emotions. He pulls the reader right into the moment. Well done.

24. Botanist says:

Wow…I’m right there with him! Will one thing lead to another in the obvious way or are you teasing us? 🙂

25. Gem Sivad says:

Sounds like he’s smothering in lust. 😀 Can’t wait to read the whole story!

26. Sarah Cass says:

What a fabulous moment. Love it. Can’t wait to see these two together.

27. Caitlin says:

I don’t know, it sounds better to me! (And also probably very, very bad.)