Saturday Spankings, #8Sunday: From Warrior…they captured a female

Urazi, the hero of Warrior, searches for Anika on war-torn Parseon. When he encounters a couple of vagrants (Hoari and Icor), he asks if they have seen Anika. A little detail you should know:  when she ran away, Anika was wearing Tara the Terran’s boots. I had to employ a little creative punctuation and rewriting to make the excerpt fit in eight sentences.  We are in Urazi’s POV, the first line is Hoari’s:

Look for Warrior in mid-October!

Look for Warrior in mid-October!

“About three weeks ago, we captured a female for our use, but I do not think she is the one you seek.”

“Female drakor.” Icor spat.

Do not let it be Anika. I would prefer to not find her, than to think she encountered these alphas.And why is that–was her appearance so unseemly that she would produce ugly offspring?”

“She was not unattractive for a female,” Hoari replied, adding, “she had a bounty of hair and amber eyes, and she wore the oddest footwear–Terran, I suspect.”

Warrior blurb

A female fighting for freedom. A male armed with determination. Can they save their people?

As a despotic Qalin marches through Parseon intent on conquering every province, Commander Marlix pledges his sister to another Alpha to protect her. Desperate to decide her own fate, Anika flees and finds refuge with the guerilla resistance movement against Qalin. Marlix’s beta Urazi, a male of lesser status, tracks her intending to bring her home to fulfill her duty. But when love blossoms between them, and provinces fall to Qalin, Anika and Urazi realize home has ceased to exist and they alone are all that stand between the people of Parseon and the end of the world.

Earlier this week, I announced some big news involving Warrior and the Breeder sci-fi romance series series. Read about it here.

Weekend Writing Warriors goes live on Sunday. To check out those authors, click on the logo. To visit the Saturday Spankings authors, click on one of the links.

white wewriwa badge

Saturday Spanking links:

32 Responses to Saturday Spankings, #8Sunday: From Warrior…they captured a female

1. Emily Tilton says:

I really love how you use the interplanetary aspect of this material to drive the character interaction, Cara. So engaging.

2. Leigh Smith says:

Looking forward to this new one, as usual.

3. Helen Karol says:

Love this warrior woman and beta male combination, Cara. Great pink silk girly background and strong image of alpha amazon woman!

4. This is going to be a good one!

5. S.J. Maylee says:

I can feel my pulse rising with the anticipation. I’m just so nervous for all of them and so dang excited to read this book! 🙂

6. Mary Wehr says:

Very interesting, Cara. These Warrior type romances you write are excellent!

I am looking forward to this one as well!

8. Ashe Barker says:

Totally agree. The mix of warrior and victim, power and vulnerability is so evocative. Beautifully done, as ever

9. Elsa Holland says:

Nice balance, great snippet!

10. It’s all about the shoes… ;D

Great dialogue and world-building as ever, Cara!

11. Ah, the boots. A dead giveaway. Intriguing situation here, Cara.

12. Meka James says:

Enjoyed the 8. I loved his description of her and that he took notice of her shoes. No matter the woman, shoes are always important.

13. Anonymous says:

I like his description of her. Congrats on all the exciting things going on for you with your books.

So as a mod, I was wondering, could you update the linksy list code? It’s only showing half the list and we don’t want to leave anyone out. Thanks!

Fixed! I had forgotten to add the link to the logo! I don’t have the linky list for Wewriwa, only Saturday Spankings. So I add the link to the site–unless I forget like I did this week.

14. Oh wait never ind I see., two different lists. Can you just add a Saturday Spankings heading above your linksy list. Thanks Carla, just want it to be clear.

15. Eleri Stone says:

“…not unattractive for a female.” LOL It’s interesting how he sees her.

16. Tina Christopher says:

Great snippet! I can’t wait to read the book when it comes out:).

17. Gemma Parkes says:

Strong snippet, a real insight into the world they live in.

Could they be calling her names because she didn’t bow to their dominance? Great snippet, Cara. 🙂

19. Botanist says:

Uh-oh – sounds like his fears have been confirmed. Wonder what they did with her?

20. Sarah Cass says:

Oh, it was her…but I wonder why they chose not to keep her (although that is good news for our hero). Hope he finds her soon!

21. OOh the tension is hotting up here. Is she the one they seek? Inquiring minds need to know!!

22. Gem Sivad says:

I read the news–Cara is going rogue! Big Congratulations!

23. Lauren Shiro says:

Nice 8! Not my typical genre, but you have definitely piqued my interest! 🙂

24. Caitlin says:

I don’t see why wearing ugly boots means you’d have ugly children, though they might have poor fashion sense, I suppose. But if it means they weren’t hurting her, it’s probably for the best.

25. Not unattractive, in spite of all that hair and those exotic shoes? Boots? I liked this- very punchy dialogue!

26. Anonymous says:

Ruh-roh! That’s not sounding too good. Hope she got out in one piece. And congrats on going rogue and coming to the dark side (aka self-publishing). You’ll love it here!

27. definitely not happy with “captured a female for our use” – Yikes. Hope she got away relatively unscathed. Very intriguing.