#SatSpanks, #8Sunday, from Warrior: how to hide a body…

Warrior is out! It released on Tuesday, and is now available!

AMAZON ♥ Amazon UK ♥ Barnes & Noble ♥ All Romance

Now on with Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors, two weekend blog hops in which authors present an eight sentence excerpt. Here’s mine, from Warrior:

Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000040_00014]Anika sank to her knees and vomited.

When the retching ceased, she rose and tested her limb. Her injured arm, though sore, had regained function. Her cheekbone, however, throbbed with greater intensity. Anika fingered her face. Nothing broken. But she would have colorful bruises to explain.

But her biggest problem was how to dispose of Icor’s body.

Warrior Blurb

A female fighting for freedom.  A male armed with determination. Can they save their people?

As a despotic Qalin marches through Parseon intent on conquering every province, Commander Marlix pledges his sister to another Alpha to protect her. Desperate to decide her own fate, Anika flees and finds refuge with the guerilla resistance movement against Qalin. Marlix’s aide Urazi hunts her down to bring her home to fulfill her duty. But when love blossoms between them, and provinces fall to Qalin, Anika and Urazi realize home has ceased to exist, and they are all that stand between the people of Parseon and the end of the world.

Warrior, third in the Breeder series, can be read as a stand-alone.

Check out the awesome authors on the blog hops. Weekend Writing Warriors features authors from all genres. It goes live on Sunday and can be accessed by clicking on the logo:

white wewriwa badge

Saturday Spankings features authors who write spanking fiction. It is usually limited to eight sentences, but this week it is running concurrent with a Spank or Treat promotion, and you may find much longer posts (i.e. Halloween spanking stories):

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings, Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to #SatSpanks, #8Sunday, from Warrior: how to hide a body…

1. Tara Finnegan says:

Oh wow, talk about sucking us in. Very powerful lines.
    This is way up on my TBR

2. It sounds so exciting, Cara. How do you come up with these names? Great stuff.

I wanted all the names to sound “alien” or at least foreign, yet still be easy to pronounce and read. When I read sci-fi and the names look like gibberish, I have a hard time keeping track of who the characters are. I wanted to make it easy for my readers.

A bit of trivia: In the three Breeder books, I used every letter of the alphabet, including Q, X & Z.

3. S.J. Maylee says:

Anika is amazing. I love how she picks herself up and keeps moving. Warrior is most definitely a trilling read.

Thank you, SJ. Every heroine was my favorite at the time I created her. I really liked Omra (Breeder); I loved Tara (Terran); but I really respect and admire Anika.

4. Emily Tilton says:

Cara, the way you zag when everyone else zigs truly inspires me. You, and these books, are something very special.

5. Holla Dean says:

Yeah, this sucks me in every time I read an excerpt. I love female warriors.

I think everyone assumes Urazi (the male) is the warrior–and he is. But the title applies as much to Anika as to him.

6. That is certainly a dilemma I wouldn’t wish to be faced with. I will stick to spanking when she is bad 😉 Sounds very exciting.

7. Jule Kijek says:

I always thought the title supplied to Anika. She was the true Warrior of the book.

8. Love it when a spanking romance has a plot! Nice tease, Cara.

9. Joelle Casteel says:

ooo intriguing snippet 🙂

10. Ooh really intriguing. Great 8!

11. Disposing of the body is truly always the hardest part.

12. Ah! You left us hanging! She sounds like one hardcore warrior who has a real battle ahead.

13. Tina Christopher says:

Wow! Just wow. I’m glad she made it through and hope she finds a way to get rid of the body. Great snippet.

14. Gem Sivad says:

I loved this book and will get a review up asap. <3

15. Fantastic snippet as always! Love the grit and brutality of your world. I need to figure out how you do that.

16. Always a problem disposing a body. She’s tough and will do it but her face? A bit of make-up. Wonderful snippet.

17. Gemma Parkes says:

Tense snippet full of imagery!

18. I’m so glad the book is doing so well!!! This has been the most terrific series and today’s excerpt was no exception. Congratulations!

19. Caitlin says:

Throwing up with a facial injury can’t be fun. But it’s certainly a normal enough reaction to killing someone. Now she just has to get away with it!

20. Meka James says:

Wow…um that is a good question. How will she dispose of the body?? Very intriguing scene.