#Saturday Spankings, #8Sunday: From Warrior…Danger hurtles toward her

Warrior coming Oct. 21!

Warrior coming Oct. 21!

If it’s Saturday, it’s three more days until the release of Warrior, the third book of the Breeder sci-fi romance trilogy. If it’s Sunday, then TWO days! Warrior will release on Tuesday, Oct. 21. I’ll have two prize drawings: one for $25 in chocolate, one for a $75 Amazon gift card. Get the contest details here. But on with the show…

Welcome to Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors, two weekly blog hops in which authors present an eight-sentence excerpt from a work. Of course, I’m presenting a snippet from Warrior.

A quick update: Anika, our heroine, is on the run from arranged breeding.

A temblor shook the ground, and Anika whipped around to spy several large conveyances hurtling toward her. She stepped off the road to allow the caravan to pass, but the driver of the head vehicle emitted a piercing whistle and halted the convoy abreast of her. Two males—an alpha and a beta—drove each vehicle, except for the third, which was attended by a single beta. However, the cargo enclosed in portable cells drew her attention and evoked a frantic beat of fear. At least two dozen females, she estimated. About eight per conveyance.

Had her disguise failed? Had the convoy halted so she could be tossed into the cages with the others?

Wouldn’t you love to know what her “disguise” is?

Warrior blurb:

A female fighting for freedom.  A male armed with determination. Can they save their people?

As a despotic Qalin marches through Parseon intent on conquering every province, Commander Marlix pledges his sister to another Alpha to protect her. Desperate to decide her own fate, Anika flees and finds refuge with the guerilla resistance movement against Qalin. Marlix’s aide Urazi hunts her down to bring her home to fulfill her duty. But when love blossoms between them, and provinces fall to Qalin, Anika and Urazi realize home has ceased to exist, and they are all that stand between the people of Parseon and the end of the world.

Warrior, third in the Breeder series, can be read as a stand-alone.

To visit Weekend Writing Warriors (live on Sunday) click on the logo:

white wewriwa badge

To visit Saturday Spankings authors, click on one of the links:

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings, Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to #Saturday Spankings, #8Sunday: From Warrior…Danger hurtles toward her

1. Can’t wait until the 21st. Really looking forward to this release. Also, she’s a warrior, so I’ve a feeling I know what her disguise is. Will have to wait until I read it to be sure, though.

2. Holla Dean says:

Yes, I must know what her disguise is. I have an idea, but will have to get the book.

3. Yes! Three more days… sounds like Christmas…

4. Leigh Smith says:

The countdown begins, I can’t wait.

5. Morganna Williams says:

I do want to know. Great teaser! Loved the first two books in the series and look forward to reading this one.

6. S.J. Maylee says:

Very excited for the release to finally get here. 🙂

7. PK Corey says:

I want to know everything about what’s going on in their world, so I’ll be reading fast once I get my hands on it.

8. Joelle Casteel says:

what a tease! 🙂

9. Emily Tilton says:

Your world-building for this series is really, well, out of this world, Cara!

10. Sheri Savill says:

I, too, am in AWE of your world-building skills, Cara. Holy crap, the imagination alone — not to mention the skill in execution.

11. oooh very intriguing….great snippet

12. Gemma Parkes says:

Tense moment, i do want to know what the disguise is! Can’t wait till next week.

13. Tense, detailed, and well-paced, one of your best snippets yet!

Congrats on the release! =D

14. Powerful, tense eight and then the cliff hanger. You rascal! Well done.

15. Sarah Cass says:

congrats on your release! I hope it goes amazing for you.

as for the snippet, my heart is pounding for her. She better not be caught!!

16. Uh oh, supremely tense moment and cliffhanger here! Can’t wait for the book’s release…excellent excerpt as always…

17. Elsa Holland says:

Nice snippet, you leave us hanging LOL Love how you have created the tension and the feeling of the ground shaking from the vehicles.

18. Joyce says:

An arranged breeding sounds absolutely horrid. I’d be running, too.

19. Anonymous says:

Great teaser! Of course, I want to know. 🙂

20. Meka James says:

let’s hope her disguise didn’t fail and they are stopping to ask for directions instead. Very intense, can’t wait to see what happens.

21. Caitlin says:

She better hope they don’t see through her disguise. I’m hoping right with her!

22. You are a master of suspense. I am really growing to love your character. Great work.

23. Tina Christopher says:

Woohoo! Next week will be fabulous;).
    Can’t wait to read Warrior! I think I know what her disguise is, but I’ll have to wait to read it to know if I’m right. Great tension that left me hanging and desperate for more.

24. Well, you certainly posted the right snippet to make everyone want to read your book! Great pacing and tension. Your whole world is very well-drawn; strange, scary and intriguing all at the same time!