Searching for the right inspiration…

I’ve been searching for “inspiration photos” to give to the cover artist who is redoing the covers of my Rod and Cane spanking romances False Pretenses, Body Politics, and Disciplinary Measures. I’ve learned that a picture helps to convey what is in my mind. But finding the right picture(s), can be a challenge.

My thoughts on some of the photos I’ve run across in my search:

1. Is it just me, or does she look a little Photoshopped?
  2. He’s just not that into you, girl.
  3. He’s in for a nasty surprise. I suspect she’s a vampire.
  4. Sexy woman gone feral.
  5. With a dress like this, who needs wings?
  6. Okay, what’s wrong with his other eye?
  7. This guy is on a lot of book covers.
  8. Wet T-shirt Contest.
  9. Howdy, ma’am.
  10. OMG. I just killed a hooker.
  11. Sexy image concept, but it misses the mark for me, because he is too perfectly posed.
  12. Sexy retro image. Boob grab could be problematic for a book cover.
  13. I see this guy on lot of book covers too.
  14. See what I mean?

That’s all folks! Hope you enjoyed the show.

♥ ♥ ♥

BTW, I’m planning on a January 2015 release for Reasonable Doubts (Rod and Cane 5). Liz Davenport’s story will finally be told!

This entry was posted in Romance writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Searching for the right inspiration…

1. Perfect for a Monday morning! 🙂

2. Livia Grant says:

I’m with Natasha. Was a nice Monday morning train ride read. 🙂 picking photos is so hard!

3. S.J. Maylee says:

Fun! That first pic cracks me up, lol. The one eyed guy, yay, I like him for a series I’m plotting out but I haven’t yet found the rest of his face. 🙂 Jan 2015. I’m really looking forward to Liz’s story.

4. Laurel Lasky says:

Happy Monday! lmao which is a wonderful way to start the week. Thank you Cara!

5. Bruce Stern says:

The “people” in #1 look like mannequins; #2—”Honey, I’m trying to watch the game”; In #3, I think she already “hooked” him, and she’s warning off any other babes who want to get their “hooks” into him; The woman in #4 is named Eve, and she’s satisfying her apple fetish—”Darling, why do you think I have beautiful (Photoshopped) skin?”; If I wore the dress in #5, I’d be sweating profusely, and crawling, rather than putting up with tripping every three steps; The photographer of the fellow in #6 is trying to be cute with his technique—it doesn’t work; first of all, that beard in #7 is going to tear-up a woman’s face; second, he’s on the bottom, so he must be a submissive, or a switch; any reasonable fellow, unlike our model in #8, would not wear a T-shirt in a spa or pool; he probably wouldn’t wear anything; #9—”Howdy, ma’am. Sorry my shirts isn’t buttoned, but my last hook-up broke them all, but I do love the shirt.”; With #10, he’s a Freudian psychoanalyst. She’s distressed about her shoe fetish; I think, that in #11, she’s demonstrating her flexibility, and he’s a vampire in disguise, who’s about to initiate her; the woman in #12 just recoiled from his bristly beard scratching her face, and he’s testing her dress to make sure she won’t have a Janet Jackson–Super Bowl fashion debacle; the couple in #13 need to go outside, during the day, once in a while, and get some sun; and last, and perhaps least, she’d be on the ground if he wasn’t holding her up, and he’s contemplating how hungry he really is. 😛

LOL, Bruce, thank you for all your comments. I went back and updated the blog to add a numbered list, so I could follow along with your comments.

6. Jule Kijek says:

I think the guy in #5 is on at least 25% of the Kindle books I own. I am SOOO GEEKED for Liz’s story. What an exciting New Years gift I fully intend to give to myself.