Saturday #Spankings: From Reasonable Doubts–no simple act

CaraBristol_RandCSociety_ReasonableDoubts_400x600Liz Davenport’s marriage was a domestic discipline one. Now widowed, she is nervous about venturing into the dating pool. She meets Grant at a coffee shop (Liz drinks tea). In this snippet from Reasonable Doubts, she “drops in” hoping to see him again. The first line is Grant’s.

“Can I get you a cup of tea?”

“I can get it.” To allow him to pay for her tea would make it like a date, and this was a…well, she didn’t know what, other than unnerving. Geez, maybe she ought to have her heart checked for its erratic beat.

“Let me. It’s a cup of tea,” he said, causing another flutter. Such a simple act of control. The balance of equality was on an ever-shifting scale.

Reasonable Doubts is a Rod and Cane Society spanking romance to be published in January 2015.

Reasonable Doubts Blurb

Widow Liz Davenport assumes when she begins to date, her new man will be like her late husband–a member of the Rod and Cane Society and an experienced disciplinarian who can provide her with loving guidance she requires to feel grounded and secure. So why is she attracted to Grant Davis, an ex-Naval  JAG officer who works for her nemesis and has never spanked a woman in his life?

Events in his recent past have forced Grant to take stock of his life and try some new things. But spank a woman? He’s never considered that before, but with Liz’s coaching he’s willing to try.

But when the past collides with the present, will he be able to step up and become the disciplinarian Liz needs?

CaraBristol_RodandCaneSociety_3dbookPromoGraphic1_websize

Check out some of the other Saturday Spanking authors

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Saturday #Spankings: From Reasonable Doubts–no simple act

1. Holla Dean says:

Every time I read another snippet from this I can’t wait until January when it gets published.

2. I feel for her. I can’t imagine how hard it would be to let go and let yourself start again. Great snippet Cara. I can’t wait to read this either 🙂

3. Leigh Smith says:

Change is always difficult and I think this has to be even more difficult at this stage of her life.

4. Tara Finnegan says:

Very,very true to life, Cara. On the surface it’s a cup of tea but really it’s so much more. I do think the who pays can be a huge statement in the early days of a modern relationship. Nicely done indeed.

5. Emily Tilton says:

Wonderful illustration of that balance, Cara!

6. I’m so happy to have another book in this series and Liz’s story is just a bonus.

7. PK Corey says:

The line between polite and controlling alway hard for a woman to judge.

8. Jule Kijek says:

Wonderful snippet, Cara! Waiting until January is going to be pure torture! Please make it an EARLY January release and not late.

9. Ashe Barker says:

I’ve loved all the books I’ve read from this series and I’m looking forward to this one. Intriguing snippet. I always love that period at the start of a relationship when it could perhaps go either way…

10. Mary Wehr says:

It’s a difficult thing, starting over. Her heart is saying go for it, but her head cautions to take it slow. A tough decision to make. Nice, Cara 🙂

11. Lisa Medley says:

After being married to the same man for 24 years…I can’t even imagine starting over. Bless her heart.

12. It’s nice to read about people that aren’t 20-something virgins. I’m intrigued by Liz’s story.

ooh, this sounds like a wonderful story!

14. Ahh that’s the first step to losing control… letting him pay for things. I’m already intrigued ~grin~ Do we get more next week? Pretty please?

15. I can’t wait until January! What a great snippet, Cara!