#SaturdaySpankings, #8Sunday: no I-told-you-so required…

CaraBristol_RandCSociety_ReasonableDoubts_400x600Reasonable Doubts, A Rod and Cane Society romance, will be released January 13, 2015! In this short excerpt for Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors, widow Liz is on a date with Grant at an art gallery. He’d asked her if she wanted to bring a sweater, but she’d said no. Now she’s freezing.

A blanket of warmth dropped over her shoulders — Grant’s jacket.

Liz spun around to find him watching her with a hint of a smug smile. She slipped her arms into the sleeves. The fabric enveloped her with the heat and scent of his body. “I love a man who can let the obvious go unsaid,” she commented.

They were alone in the gallery, and he grabbed the lapels of the jacket and pulled her close. “You’re such a woman.” It sounded suspiciously like I-told-you-so, but then he kissed her.

Reasonable Doubts Blurb

Widow Liz Davenport assumes when she begins to date, her new man will be like her late husband–a member of the Rod and Cane Society and an experienced disciplinarian who can provide her with loving guidance she requires to feel grounded and secure. So why is she attracted to Grant Davis, an ex-Naval  JAG officer who works for her nemesis and has never spanked a woman in his life?

Events in his recent past have forced Grant to take stock of his life and try some new things. But spank a woman? He’s never considered that before, but with Liz’s coaching he’s willing to try.

But when the past collides with the present, will he be able to step up and become the disciplinarian Liz needs?

Did you know you can sign up for my New Release Newsletter? The signup button is at the top of the sidebar. You’ll only receive an email when a new book has been released.

To Weekend Writing Warriors, which goes live on Sunday, click on the logo:

white wewriwa badge

To visit Saturday Spankings authors, click on one of their links:

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings, Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to #SaturdaySpankings, #8Sunday: no I-told-you-so required…

1. Holla Dean says:

Can’t wait for this to come out in January. I’ll be one of the first to snatch it up!

2. Such a sweet (and very true) snippet. He sounds lovely 🙂

3. PK Corey says:

I told you so can be said in so many different ways.

4. Leigh Smith says:

“You’re such a woman” would he have it any other way. January 15th is marked on my calendar.

5. Mary Wehr says:

It did sound like a very smug, “I told you so.” He sounds like such a man 😉

6. Tara Finnegan says:

Unsaid, but not uncommunicated! I guess you can’t have everything, and she got the jacket. Great snippet, Cara.

7. Laurel Lasky says:

Hi Car uh, that interview was so funny I’m still lmfao! lol

8. I always need a sweater. Cute set-up!

9. Wonderful portrayal of a strong but empathetic male.

10. Jule Kijek says:

Just loved the snippet. I already love Liz and Grant. (Forgive me Otis) a Grant sounds like such a strong man. Ex-Naval JAG Officer, even that sounds sexy! So looking forward to January!

11. Romantic and so realistic. You brought me right into the scene. Yum.

12. Lisa Medley says:

They are going to be so hot together 🙂

13. Jenna Jaxon says:

Love the cover and can’t wait for this release! Rather an about face in the premise, which has me ready to pre-order. Love your books!

14. Tina Christopher says:

Ohhh, love the snippet. He sounds lovely, but with a little bit of an edge. I have a feeling she’s in for quite the ride;).

15. Such an interesting premise for the book, can’t wait to read it. I enjoyed the excerpt, had all kinds of texture and subtext to it!

16. Caitlin says:

Well, he did tell her so… But men don’t get how a sweater or jacket can change an outfit. If she wanted to look sexy for him, she might have thought it was worth it to freeze.

17. Meka James says:

Fun 8. Loved the connection between the two of them.

Lovely interchange. I’m excited for this one!

19. his jacket gesture definitely heated things up

20. Hot! Hot! Hot! I loved their sexual chemistry and flirtation!

Keep smiling,
    Yawatta

21. It’s always so romantic when a guy does that… they’re a rare breed these days ~grin~

22. Joelle Casteel says: