I would never, ever:
- Sky dive. It looks like it would be a hell of a rush though. And while far more people land safely than go splat, why take the chance? I rode the “Freefall” ride at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Good enough for me.
- Hang glide. For the same reasons above.
- Smoke a cigarette. Gross. Ick! Ick!
- Sunbathe without sunscreen. I don’t sunbathe period, and when I know I will be in the sun, I wear sunscreen. Even in winter. Yes, you can see the glow of my pasty white skin from space. The sky divers in that photo, are probably saying, “Look! There’s Cara!”
- Eat a worm. Not even for a million dollars. Worms gross me out.
I probably would not do these things, but under the right set of circumstances, I might:
- Bungee jump. I would carefully evaluate the surroundings, the equipment, the operators and the participants. And then maybe. But probably not.
- Go into space. I watched on TV when the Challenger space shuttle blew up with school teacher Christa McAuliffe on board, but if NASA ever called me, how could I resist the opportunity? And I do write sci-fi, so I could probably deduct any expenses I incurred as research. 🙂
- Run for public office. When I was 13, I decided I wanted to be President of the
United States. And then learned what the job really entailed. I am not enough of a “public servant” to sacrifice my personal goals for public ones, but would I ever run for mayor or city council? It’s possible. But I’m keeping my schedule open in case NASA calls.
- Go on a reality TV show. In truth, I would probably love this—if I could find the right one. Naked and Afraid? Uh no. Survivor? Nope. Amazing Race? Too stressful. Real Housewives? They wouldn’t want me, I’m too boring.
- Flash my boobs for Mardi Gras. I don’t think I would do this. But in the spirit of the moment, never say never. Ooh, look…shiny beads…
Okay, fess up. Have you done any of these things? Would you like to? Which ones are your absolute nos? Spill it! One thing I will do without a doubt is award a $10 Amazon gift card when I post blog 1000. This is blog number 993. Somebody who has commented between Nov. 10 and the date of blog 999 (whenever it is) will win! It could be you.
♥ ♥ ♥
The rumors are true! I do have a New Release Newsletter. Or will have. The first issue will go out in mid-January with the release of Reasonable Doubts, a spanking new Rod and Cane Society romance. Heroine Liz Davenport meets her new man Grant Davis at the Mea Cuppa coffee shop. Newsletter subscribers will be entered into a drawing for a Rod and Cane coffee mug (see the connection?). The winner of said coffee mug will be announced in the first issue. (If you’ve already subscribed to the New Release Newsletter–thank you! You’re already entered in the drawing).
Newsletters will ONLY be emailed when I have a new release–approximately 4 to 6 times per year.