#8Sunday: From The Goddess’s Curse, the abduction…

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors. If you’ve been following my excerpts from The Goddess’s Curse, well, today is Release Day! You’re not limited to eight sentences anymore. You can read the whole thing!

Amazon | Amazon UKBarnes & Noble | All Romance

Kobo | Apple iTunes | Scribd

Soon, The Goddess’s Curse will be available in PAPERBACK. Watch my blog or subscribe to my newsletter for notification.

To celebrate the release, I have a contest for Goddess readers to enter to win a $25 Amazon gift card. Get the details on my official release day blog.

Now for the excerpt:

Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000040_00014]If you remember from last week,  whe Garat comes to after being knocked out, he finds a naked, unconscious woman lying on the ground next to him.

For today’s excerpt, I don’t need eight sentences, only six:

Grasping her twig of an arm, he tugged her to a sitting position; her head lolled forward. One good sign: her crystal was clear, so she wouldn’t cause an uproar by enrapturing multiple males. How she had incited his lust was better left for examination another time.

He removed his mail and pulled off his tunic. After he dressed her in the long shirt, he re-donned his chest guard then slung her slight form over his shoulder. Conscience heavier than his burden, he headed for home.

The Goddess’s Curse blurb

Sharona women and barbarian Lahon men maintain separate lives until libidinal fever strikes, and the Sharona are forced to mate.

Stricken by a mysterious terminal illness, Reena, the Sharona queen’s daughter, jumps at the chance to accompany a cousin on her mating journey so she can at least see a Lahon before she dies.

Garat, leader of the Lahon, has only hatred for the Sharona because of the woman who birthed and killed his son years ago. Now that a massive earthquake has left his people with precious little water, he has the perfect excuse to avenge his son’s death by driving the Sharona from their homeland to take what the Lahon need.

When he encounters Reena on the mating journey he takes her hostage to force the Sharona to capitulate to his demands, but finds himself drawn to her instead. As his desire rises, lust for revenge wanes.

But after what he’s done, can he convince her of the evil that lies in the palace in time to save her life?

Please check out some of the other authors of Weekend Writing Warriors. There’s a variety of everything; romance, suspense, sci-f, fantasy, even poetry. Click on the logo:

white wewriwa badge

This entry was posted in Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to #8Sunday: From The Goddess’s Curse, the abduction…

1. Congratulations of the release–many happy sales!

2. Tina Christopher says:

Happy Release Day! Many happy sales.
    I like the last line and the fact that he’s not 100% happy with his actions. Great 8.

3. Eleri Stone says:

Woohoo! Happy Release Day! I like how practical he is here. It builds a nice tension because I want so badly for her to wake up so I can see her reaction.

4. Terrific description and scene setting. Nice work as ever, Cara!

5. Alexis Duran says:

Happy release day! Another great scene- love the detail of the crystal. I really enjoy your world/magic building in this story.

6. Conscience heavier than his burden… terrific line. Considerate dressing her in the tunic. Obviously he has sincere pangs of guilt, but I always say guilt is good for the soul, lol.
    Great snippet. Congrats on your new release.

I love the last line about his conscience heavier than her. Nicely done, Cara. 🙂

8. Susan Clement says:

Happy Release Day!! One-clicked and cannot wait to start reading!

9. Gemma Parkes says:

Congrats on the release, another great snippet! I particularly like the last line ‘Conscience heavier than his burden, he headed for home.’

10. Sarah W says:

Congratulations on your new release!

This premise is terrific and this snippet hooked me–awesome! 🙂

11. Best wishes on the release! Enjoyed the excerpt, he seems like such a complete person, with his conscience and all.

12. Ah the wonderful feeling of hope and promise on a new release day! May all your dreams be fulfilled. And I do need to start reading this book. I bought it right away.

13. Happy release day, Cara! I wish you great success with this story!

I love that last line. And I’m definitely intrigued by what went on before this scene.

14. Jess Schira says:

Wishing you the happiest (& most profitable) of release days! I’m so excited about being able to read this book through in it’s entirety.

15. Well done on the release! I’m guessing that’s what a few readers will be getting as well *b-dum-ching*

I’m with all the commenters above about the last line being a good one, “conscience heavier than his burden…” It says that he lifts, and that he’s got a heart. He also showed some respect to a naked incapacitated lady, so I’d happily drink with the guy.

16. Jenna Jaxon says:

Excellent snippet and congratulations on your release. I am wanting to read all the sentences now. 🙂 Tweeted!

17. happy release week. I have this and cant wait to dive in 🙂