#SFR Cyborg! Read the unofficial blurb, help me pick a title

I finished writing a cyborg science fiction romance novella earlier this week. By finished, I mean the first draft is complete. I still have about a month’s worth of revisions, editing, and proofreading to do. I am planning to publish mid-September or early October. (To be notified of its release, sign up for my author newsletter).

Here’s the first cut, unofficial blurb:

The Terran’s president’s rebellious daughter Penelope Isabella Aaron had been a pain in Brock Mann’s you-know-what going back a decade when he’d been assigned to protect her. Much has changed in ten years: “PIA” as he code-named her, has grown up, become an ambassador about to attend her first Alliance of Planets summit conference, and Brock, well, he was transformed into a cyborg after a near-fatal attack. Now a secret agent with Cyber-Operations, a covert paramilitary organization, Brock gets called in, not when the going gets tough, but when the going becomes impossible. So when he’s tagged to escort Penelope to the summit meeting, he balks at babysitting a prissy ambassador. But after a terrorist bombing, a crash landing on a hostile planet, and a growing attraction to his protectee, Operation: PIA redefines impossible.

Longing600x900

For Cyborg, I picture a cover like this, only with a “space” background.

Help me title this book!

I picture the cover with a buff macho guy on it, similar to my paranormal romance Longing, only with a “space” background. Initially, I was going to call my Cyborg Operation: PIA (A Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance). The parenthetical part would not be printed on the cover, but would appear in the Amazon listing.

Now I’m leaning toward Cyborg Protector (A Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance).

What do you think? Any other suggestions? I want to emphasize the hero and want a title with a hook to entice readers  to take a closer look.

This entry was posted in My romances and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to #SFR Cyborg! Read the unofficial blurb, help me pick a title

1. Lisa Medley says:

Oooh, I like Cyborg Protector better. Or maybe Her Cyborg Protector (which would lend itself to the romance elements perhaps). I’ll keep the wheels turning. This one sounds FANTASTIC!

2. Anne Casey says:

I like the original title, but I’m not sure everyone would “get” it. No matter what you call it, I’ve got it on my TBR list!

That was my concern–that some people wouldn’t make the connection. But also, that Amazon, would get it, and might not like “Pain in the Ass” in a book title.

3. kitty ranma says:

Lol I’d love to see (Pain in the Ass) in the title but alas no Amazon probably won’t go for it. Her Cyborg Protector sounds like a good title.

Thanks! They say to go with one’s first instinct, but in this case, I think my first instinct was off.

4. I love the blurb!
    Okay, playing the keyword game…
    Her Cyborg Master, The Princess and Her Cyborg. Mastered By Her Cyborg.

5. Jo Jones says:

I like Cyborg Protector best.

6. Cara Bristol says:

I should probably point out that this book does not contain spanking.

7. Stranded with a Cyborg?

8. Cara Bristol says:

Special Agent Cyborg?

9. I like Her Cyborg Protector or Her Cyborg Master if it has elements of BDSM

There isn’t any BDSM in this story. Just a hot, macho cyborg with a rockin’ bod who’ll do whatever it takes to keep his protectee safe.

10. I like “Cyborg Protector” better than “Her Cyborg Protector,” but they’re both seem mundane to me. Maybe “Cyborg Shield” or “Her Guardian Cyborg”? The blurb implies it’s only his POV throughout the story, but does she call him anything that you could use?

Although you didn’t ask for blurb help, speaking as an avid SFR reader but a vanilla fan, I hope your product description will include the fact that it *doesn’t* have spanking, BDSM, or ownership, like most of your other books. I’m really squeamish, so I’ll usually avoid books with code words in their titles or blurbs, e.g., master, slave, submit, surrender, etc.

The book is in both their POVs, but in the past, I think my focus (at least my marketing focus) has been on the female. I had decided to go other route with this story. Although, it’s as much Pia’s story as it his.

She calls him Agent Mann.

Good point about the product description! I think I’ve branded myself too well. People expect spanking/BDSM from me even though not all my books have it. This one does not, and neither do Goddess’s Curse, Longing, or Reckless in Moonlight.

11. I like Special Agent Cyborg above and maybe Cyborg Guard, a variation of another above. Some other possibilities: Cyborg Shield, Cyborg Defender, Cyborg Sentinel, My/Her Cyborg Keeper.