What an amazing year. Not a dull (or idle) moment. In 2015 I celebrated my sixth year as a published author, my one-year Indieversary, and published my 22nd book (Stranded with the Cyborg). I set some new personal records,writing more than ever, producing my first print book, first audio book, and venturing into some new genres, notably romantic comedy and nonfiction. I also started a new series, Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance.
The year by the numbers:
Brand new releases – 7 (previous record 5 in 2013)
- Reasonable Doubts, spanking romance – Jan.
- Naughty Words for Nice Writers, nonfiction – Feb.
- Goddess’s Curse, fantasy romance – March
- Irresistible Attractions, BDSM – May
- Stolen Moments, romantic comedy – June
- Correcting the Coeds (anthology), historical spanking romance – Aug.
- Stranded with the Cyborg, sci-fi romance – Oct.
Backlist Re-releases – 1
- Longing (previously titled A Scent of Longing), paranormal – July
Print books – 2 – my first ones
- Goddess’s Curse
- Naughty Words for Nice Writers
Audio books – 1 – another first
- Stranded with the Cyborg
Words written – 264,918 (1,060 manuscript pages). A new writing record!
Previous record 217, 936 in 2013
- Blogs posted -239 (4.5 per week)
- Page hits/views – 87,357/117,711
- Page hits/views since inception: 461,169/734,741
Newsletters sent – 17
- Newsletter subscription increase from 75 on Jan. 1 to 504 by Dec. 31. (500 subscribers was my goal for 2015)
Awards & Recognition
- Irresistible Attractions, Rod and Cane 6, was nominated for a Golden Flogger Award for Best BDSM Book of the Year in the advanced category by the BDSM Writers Con.
- Irresistible Attractions was also a finalist in Scorching Romance Reviews 2015 Sex Scene Championship.
- Goddess’s Curse was a Grave Tell’s Reader’s Choice nominee in the fantasy category.
I stepped up my promotional activities and tried a lot of new things and took out more paid
advertising and promotional activities than ever before. I found a few things that worked, and many that didn’t. My goal this year, was to decrease blogging, but I kind of shot myself in the foot by participating in SpankA2Z Blog Challenge in which I wrote one blog a day every day for 28 days. Not a good way to slow down. Lol. More highlights:
- Secured a Book Bub deal for Irresistible Attractions (Jan. 2, 2016 – tomorrow!)
- Cold Nights Hot Reads blog hop
- Saturday Spankings
- Weekend Writing Warriors
- Facebook advertising
- Goodreads advertising
- BTS Magazine Advertising
- RWR Report advertising
- Subscribing to Reading Alley
Paid email promos through WTRAFSOG (What to read after Fifty Shades)
- Night Owl Reviews Scavenger Hunt
- Many virtual book tours, my own and others coordinated by Goddess Fish and Enchantress of Books
- 17 author newsletters
- Attended Lori Fosters Reader and Author Get-Together
- Attended OraCon 2015.
The most effective activities in terms of generating sales and visibility were: my author newsletter, book tours arranged through Goddess Fish, and Facebook advertising (boosting posts on my FB Author page). Book Bub may prove to the be most successful of all, but I won’t know until after tomorrow, when the deal takes effect. The least effective activity was advertising on Goodreads. That was a total bomb.I will never do it again.
Personal highlights (in case you’re interested)
- My husband and I took three one-week out-of-town trips (Mar., Aug. and Oct.) and one three-week vacation ( a European River cruise in Nov,), so I operated on a 10 1/2 month work year.
- I challenged myself to read 100 books in 2015, which I accomplished, finishing 105.
- I walked for exercise, getting 10,000 steps (about 4.25 miles for me) nearly every day.
- I was in physical therapy on two separate occasions for torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders (another time suck as PT took 2 1/2 hours including drive time).
- I started a yoga class twice week (kind of dropped out after the 3-week European trip. I need to get back to it).
And that was the year that was!
Get notified of new books in 2016. Subscribe to my author newsletter.