#8Sunday: From Captured by the Cyborg…caught in the act #SFR

Captured_600x900

Captured by the Cyborg (Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance 3)
Available in Ebook and Paperback

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

Barnes & Noble | All Romance

Illumina’s been working at Moonbeam Chop Shop. Late one night when she should be in the employee barracks, Dale catches her on the factory floor.

“What are you doing?” Dale’s gaze flicked from her to the door marked AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY. She willed herself not to glance at the Flight Control Center and focused on his face.

“Taking a walk; I couldn’t sleep.” Fortunately he’d caught her after she’d come out of Deceptio’s control room and not before.

“Is that so?” He loomed over her, and she tilted her head.

“I’m not violating any rules, am I?” She clutched the lapels of her robe, resisting the temptation to let the garment slide off her shoulders. She’d given no thought to her dress—hadn’t known she’d needed to as the shop should have been deserted—but had grabbed the first item handy and fled her room as if her life depended on it.

Because it did.

Caught in the act…but doing what?

Book Description

Sometimes the biggest risk is to one’s heart….

An ex-Cyber Operations field agent, Dale Homme has kissed danger and betrayal more times than he cares to count. Now he runs a clandestine factory beneath the surface of the moon Deceptio, where confidentiality and security matter more than anything. When a beautiful young woman arrives seeking a job, Dale knows within minutes she’s lying. Everything about her is false: her past, the people she claims to know, her reason for being on Deceptio. Illumina Smith? Even her name is an alias.

Logic says send her packing. His gut says she’s in trouble. She needs him. So he’ll do anything to keep her safe….even if it means keeping her captive.

Captured by the Cyborg is third in the Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance series but is written to be read as a stand-alone novella.

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I hope you’ll check out some of the other authors of Weekend Writing Warriors. Click on the logo to see a list of authors & genres.

new wewriwa

This entry was posted in Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to #8Sunday: From Captured by the Cyborg…caught in the act #SFR

1. Kim M says:

Hmm. Why was it so important to leave her quarters?
    And what will he do about her nocturnal snooping?

2. T. M. Hunter says:

Maybe she doesn’t mind getting caught as much as she lets on?

3. She’s always up to no good. Maybe she should follow her instinct and show her shoulder.

4. Yes, I’m wondering why she had to leave her quarters, too, and what was in Deceptio’s control room she was after. Such an intriguing snippet! 🙂

5. Can he prove she was in the unauthorized room? More questions: what was she doing and why?

6. Alexis Duran says:

Lots of interesting questions raised by this snippet. The most pressing being wether or not she’ll drop the robe!

7. Oh! Busted. And what, pray tell, was our Illumina up to, sneaking around at night? And what’s Dale going to do about it? He seems like he doesn’t believe her excuse. Nice tension here!

8. Lots of suspense and unanswered questions. Good piece.

9. Botanist says:

Lots of questions raised, and most especially by that last sentence 🙂

10. Busted! I’d drop the robe and let the chips fall where they may. 🙂

11. Tina Christopher says:

Oh-oh, caught in the act! I really want to find out what Dale does next;).

12. I wonder how he’d respond if she did let those clothes slip a bit? it might be a good distraction…

13. She’s been up to no good, but at least she wore a robe.

14. Bonnie Gill says:

I love how you left it on a cliffhanger. I want to know what she was up to and why her life depended on it.
    Nice job.

15. Completely intrigued by what she’s up to. Just bought it. I am SO behind on my TBR! lol. But it’s on my Kindle when I get to it. 🙂