From Married with the Cyborg, weddings–alien style #FREE #ScifiRom book

married-to-the-cyborg-free-book-red-heart

Married to the Cyborg has been released, and it is FREE to readers and fans. To get your copy, sign up to receive my newsletter. For more details, click here.

Terran Ambassador Penelope Aaron is attending a big Association of Planets gala. In this scene, she meets Princess Julietta of Xenia. Julietta happens to be the heroine of the next Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance, Claimed by the Cyborg, coming in January. Julietta tells Penelope she will be getting married, and invites her the ceremony…

“I have not sent out the invitations,” Julietta said, “but I’m hoping you’ll be able to come to the wedding next year.”

“I would be honored! Is your fiancé here? Will I get to meet him?”

The princess smiled. “No, I haven’t even met him yet. I don’t meet him until after the Sha’A’la.”

“I’m not familiar with the ritual.”

“It is commonly referred to as the bride fight. A husband was chosen for me when I was born–before we can wed, he must prove his worthiness in hand-to-hand combat.”

Married with the Cyborg blurb

Glitz. Glamour. Kidnapping.

Anyone who is anyone attends the annual Association of Planets gala, the largest, fanciest soiree in the galaxy. Escorted by her husband Brock, Penelope “Pia” Aaron attends the event, to mix and mingle with the galaxy’s power elite to further her career as an AOP ambassador.

Brock Mann isn’t there to serve as his wife’s plus-one. A cyborg and a field agent with the covert force Cyber Operations, Brock knows the glitzy, glamorous evening isn’t going to end happily for one individual. An intercepted partial communique has revealed that one gala attendee will be the target of a kidnapping. Who the intended victim is, why the person is being taken and by whom—that’s what Cy-Ops must find out to stop the abduction.

And then Pia is taken.

Without knowing who or why she was targeted, Brock must race against the clock to find his wife before she’s killed.

Saving the girl and the galaxy just got personal.

Click the logo to visit the other Weekend Writing Warriors

new wewriwa

This entry was posted in Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to From Married with the Cyborg, weddings–alien style #FREE #ScifiRom book

1. So cool when characters from various books collide. A bride-fight sounds like fun, though maybe not for the groom.

That’s the fun part about writing a series. All the books are standalones, but I’m able to use secondary characters as main characters and vice versa.

2. Nancy Gideon says:

Bride fight! That’s a wedding I’d like to be invited to. Oh wait, I just was! Thanks, Cara!

That’s right. Everyone is cordially invited to the Sha’A’la and the bonding ceremony of Princess Julietta — when Claimed by the Cyborg is published in January 2017.

3. Jenna Jaxon says:

This sounds like a fight I want to see. 🙂 I was immediately reminded of the Star Trek episode where Spock had to fight Kirk in the kal-if-fee, a fight to the death for the bride. Just downloaded my copy of Married to the Cyborg. Now looking forward to the next book!

4. Bride fight but oh so gentle, please.

5. This bride fight sounds like it’s going to be fun! Great snippet!

6. Interesting combination of science fiction and older tradition, with the bride fight. Great snippet!

I love being able to mix futuristic and older elements in sci-fi romance. I can indulge my creativity. The Breeder series is that way, also.

7. Sheila Hoag says:

That’s a wedding ritual I could really love!

Funny, but everyone is focusing on the bride fight, and while I mean it to be interesting and pivotal to the story (in Claimed, not Married), no one has commented on the fact that Julietta doesn’t even know her future mate.

8. Oh, I love the sneak peek into the next book. Fabulous! 🙂

9. Diane Burton says:

Uh oh. A bride fight? What if the winner is a brute? What if… Well, we all know the drill. 🙂 Poor girl doesn’t even know the bridegroom? Horrors!

10. As a man of peace, I have to say that a ‘bride fight’ should, by all rights, feature brides fighting over a groom. Am I right or am I right?

11. I wonder who the “groom” gets to fight. Or is it a melee and the winner takes the bride?

12. Bride Fight Ritual does sound much more fun than Bridezillas Gone Wild! Great snippet!

13. Shari Elder says:

Its fun to meet the next book! Looking forward to more on the bride fight.

14. I’m guessing if the groom loses this bride fight, he doesn’t get to marry her. Maybe the winner does… Tradition is fun and confusing!

15. Amy Braun says:

A bride-fight? That sounds intense! Do they fight in their wedding gowns? I’m honestly curious and intrigued. Love this snippet!