Remember those “What I did on my summer vacation” reports you had to do in elementary school?
Funny story: I grew up in California. In the third grade, a friend of mine had told the class how she’d gone to see “Miami” over the summer. Well, now I know Miami is a city in Florida, but back then I thought my friend was saying “My Ami,” like Miami was her aunt or something. Lol. I don’t remember when I figured it out.
Anyway, this is what I did this summer (summer defined as June 1-August 31):
- In June my husband and I took a week and went to visit Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia and visited some friends in Tennessee.
- We bought a new SUV (this required traveling out-of-state).
- I took a writing hiatus of about a month so I could focus on some publishing and promotion tasks that had been backing up.
- I published Trapped with the Cyborg (Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance 4), in June, and in July re-released Destiny’s Chance.
- I wrote two short stories: Spark of Attraction, a cyborg romance, for Pets In Space, a science fiction anthology to be released in October, and Married to the Cyborg, a Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance standalone exclusive for my newsletter subscribers (coming in this month).
- I prepared Domestic Discipline, a two-story spanking romance volume, for publication (to be released tomorrow!)
- Wrote/posted 68 blogs (averaged a blog a day in August)
- Wrote/distributed 6 newsletters
- Did 3 or 4 author takeover events on Facebook
- Publicized two major reader giveaways: Scandalous Spirited Giveaway for a $200 prize and GenreCrave’s science fiction and fantasy $1200 prize giveaway. (Both contests are currently ongoing, so you can still jump in!).
- Coordinated care for my mother who broke her foot/had surgery.
- Cooked dinner nearly every night, walked 4+ miles nearly every day for exercise, read 16 books.
You know the phrase, “unclear on the concept?” I don’t think I have this “vacation” thing down yet. Lol.
What did you do this summer? Anything fun?
Hey, if you want to get Married to the Cyborg for free, subscribe to my newsletter.