Pets in Space

Pets in Space has been released!

AmazonBarnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo | ARe | Google Play

Ah, a pivotal moment and my favorite scene from Spark of Attraction in Pets in Space!  Welcome back to Weekend Writing Warriors. To recap: cyborg Captain Dante Stone has rescued a group of colonists who were attacked by aliens. He goes to check on them and discovers one of them brought a dog on board. Worried that the mongrel might be diseased, he orders it removed from the ship. (Dante does not intend to airlock Sparky, but to send it on ahead in a high-speed pod. The heroine doesn’t like that either). The first line is Dante’s.

“Do not threaten me. My order stands — now, move out of the Maltese puppy, 6 months old, sitting in front of white backgrounway.”

“No.” She planted her feet wide apart.

Gently, he grasped her arms to shift her out of his path.

Behind him, the dog growled.

“Sparky’s not even a real animal–he’s a K9-500 bot!” She wrenched away, the force of the jerk causing her to lose her balance. She started to topple, and he lunged to catch her before she fell.

The mongrel snarled, charged, and latched its teeth onto his ankle.

Spark of Attraction blurb

Memory: intact. Cognitive function: enhanced. Emotion: erased. After becoming a cyborg, Captain Dante Stone didn’t think he’d ever feel again, until a traumatized young woman and a ball of synthetic fur named Sparky helped him to love.

Pets in Space blurb

sparky-sketchEven an alien needs a pet…

Join the adventure as nine pet loving sci-fi romance authors take you out of this world and pull you into their action-packed stories filled with suspense, laughter, and romance. The alien pets have an agenda that will capture the hearts of those they touch. Follow along as they work side by side to help stop a genetically-engineered creature from destroying the Earth to finding a lost dragon; life is never the same after their pets decide to get involved. Can the animals win the day or will the stars shine just a little less brightly?

New York Times, USA TODAY, Award Winning, and Best selling authors have eight original, never-released stories and one expanded story giving readers nine amazing adventures that will capture your imagination and help a worthy charity. Come join us as we take you on nine amazing adventures that will change the way you look at your pet!

10% of the first month’s profits go to Hero-Dogs.org. Hero Dogs raises and trains service dogs and places them free of charge with US Veterans to improve quality of life and restore independence.

Visit the other authors of Weekend Writing Warriors by clicking on the logo.

new wewriwa

This entry was posted in Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Oh, Sparky…you shouldn’t have done that! From #PetsInSpace #ScifiRom #8Sunday #SaveSparky

1. A robot who’s a mongrel? Or is that a mongrel who’s a robot? Either way, shouldn’t its robotic makeup exempt it from being shipped ahead?

2. Surely a robot doggie can’t be diseased? Though he’s not endearing himself to Dante with that ankle grab!

No, he’s not diseased, and being a robot would change things, except….now the the dog’s actions present another kind of danger to the passengers and crew.

3. Nancy Gideon says:

Awwwww! Gotta love even a robot dog’s devotion. Off to buy my copy!

Thank you so much! I’ve issued a challenge. If readers aren’t surprised by the end of the Spark of Attraction, I’ll post a photo of myself dressed as a alien. (Or maybe I won’t be in costume….maybe I’m really an alien….).

4. Absolutely wonderful! What a story and good humor galore.

5. Kim Magennis says:

Hmm. Out of the frying pan, into the fire. Sparky is in trouble!

Congratulations on Pets in Space’s release!

6. Well, Dante’s definitely going to have it out for the robot dog now. Great excerpt! 🙂

7. Andrea ( aka rokinrev) Stoeckel says:

I posted a review of the sampler last night. I loved it! I love Sparky almost as much as the pet dragon, who is my actual favorite ( sorry sparky).

8. I love the story and terrific snippet!

9. A very protective dog even if cyber! He could easily get spaced for biting someone. I hope Dante has steel ankles.

10. Diane Burton says:

LOL Great snippet. Never underestimate the loyalty of a dog–even a cyber-dog.

11. Good old Sparky to the rescue. Even robot dogs are loyal to their mistresses it seems. Glad the anthology is doing so well.

Thank you. Pets in Space is doing really well! Our current rankings:

#255 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
      #3 in Books > Romance > Science Fiction
      #7 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Science Fiction
      #17 in Books > Romance > Paranormal

12. We got a glimpse of Dante’s tenderness. Nice.

13. Ha! That’s what he gets. How awesome that the dog/bot is so protective of her. Great snippet. 🙂

14. She should have probably led with the dog’s robot status. Now that the dog has bit someone, there’s little way to go back from that!

Yeah, I know I would have. But she’s been traumatized by aliens and isn’t thinking clearly. Plus, she sometimes forgets that Sparky isn’t a real dog.

15. Sparky is like the most perfect pet ever!

In more ways than one! I love him. You know the way we create our perfect heroes in our fiction? I created the perfect pet for myself!

16. Amy Braun says:

Yes! Go Sparky! I can’t wait to see what his reaction is!