I got together with a group of friends recently, and we shared 10 items on our bucket list. I thought I’d share my items with you. These in are no particular order.
1. See Paris. It’s a beautiful city. I’ve been to Paris, but I didn’t get a chance to explore Paris. My husband and I were on a cruise, and we had one day to see Paris, so we didn’t have a chance to do more than drive/walk around. I would like to go back for an extended period and really see the city.
2. Tour the United Kingdom. I want to see England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland (and Ireland). I want to see the palaces, Big Ben, the countryside. I’ve been to Dover, England on a cruise, that that doesn’t count.
3. Visit Australia. I think there are a lot of amazing, unusual things to see.
4. Learn to fly a kite. This was something I never learned to do as a kid (my mom tried to teach me, but she couldn’t do it).
5. Pet and hold a squirrel. I love squirrels. In Japan, they have “squirrel gardens,” basically squirrel petting zoos. I think that would be the place to do it, then I could see Japan too!
6. Write a “grand romance.” In my mind, this would be an “epic” story that would take readers on an emotional journey that they’ll never forget. I don’t know quite what form it will take, but hopefully someday, this will come to fruition…
7. See all 50 states of the United States. I live in an amazing country, and I want to see it. So far, I’ve been to 39 states, although many of them I’ve just passed through on the way to somewhere else, so I need to go back and see more of the key sites. The only ones I haven’t been to are: Wisconsin, Mississippi, North Dakota, West Virginia, New Hampshire, Maine, Alabama, Delaware, Vermont, North Carolina and Maryland.
8. Go to Hong Kong. I fell in love with the Orient when I went to China. I’ve also been to Thailand. Hong Kong looks amazing.
9. See Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. Maybe. Frankly, I’m afraid of going anywhere in the Middle East–even just getting there concerns me (will my plane be blown up on the way?). However, I saw Dubai on an episode of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and Dubai looked like something out of a science fiction novel. I could easily imagine spaceships zipping among the buildings. It looks so otherworldly, I want to see it.
10. Experience a luxury vacation. Paris, Hong Kong, Dubai, etc. might seem like luxury, but in this instance, I’m not referring to the destination, but to the manner, the accommodations. For once in my middle class life, I’d like to experience what it’s like to be rich. I would like to take an absolute top-of-the-line luxury vacation. The kind where you get the penthouse suite at the most expensive hotel. Where rooms are $10K+ night. The kind of luxury that blows your socks off. For this I’m going to need to win the lottery or make a billionaire friend who wants to treat me for my birthday. Everything on my bucket list is doable, except probably this item.
Prize Drawing! What’s on your bucket list?
You’ll notice most of my bucket list items involve travel. Share an item from your bucket list, and you could travel to a new world! I’ll pick one lucky person to win her/his choice of one of my Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romances. No physical travel, but it will take you to an exotic, alien locale…
If you don’t want to enter the drawing, please share your item anyway–I’d love to hear it. If you do want to enter drawing, tell me which book you’d like to win in addition to sharing your bucket list item. Be sure to leave your email address either in the comment sign-in or in the comments so you can be contacted if you win. (Hint: I won’t tell you which book to pick, but you can get Stranded with the Cyborg for free anyway, so maybe choose a different one…)
Winner will be announced on Friday, June 2!