What I’ve learned over the past 10 years is that while change can come flying out of left field, most big changes occur incrementally. Life plods along, seemingly the same day after day, but when you look back over a long period, you realize things have changed a lot. And it wasn’t slow at all!
For me, most (though not all) of the changes have been for the better. Also, while some changes were out of my control, most resulted from decisions I made. Here are the highlights from 2010-2019:
- Achieved my dream of becoming a published author!
- Achieved financial success as an author
- Published 43 titles
- Hit the USA Today Bestseller list
- Lost good friends (died), made new friends
- Celebrated my 25th wedding anniversary
- Moved from Washington state to Missouri
- Built a house
- Vacationed in Thailand, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Norway, Ireland, Scotland, England, Canada, and US trips to Alaska, Cape Cod, New Orleans, Napa Valley, Sedona AZ, Coeur d’Alene, ID
- Watched my mother’s health decline
- Was treated for cancer
- Saw my stepdaughter get married
- Hit a milestone birthday (got another one coming up)
What were the big changes that happened to you in the past decade?