Since I got a Kindle in July 2010, I’ve acquired eighty-two ebooks. I purchased the vast majority of them, although I won several in various contests on various blogs (you really should enter, the odds of wining are quite good).
I recently loaded up my Kindle with fourteen new books by eleven authors in anticipation of taking a vacation. I did have more, but I broke down a read a couple because I couldn’t wait.
This is my TBR list:
- Hearts in Darkness – Laura Kaye
- Bottoms Up – Miranda Baker
- My Three Lords – Juniper Bell
- Bonding Camp – Christelle Mirin
- 7 Days and 7 Nights – Wendy Wax
- Leave it to Cleavage – Wendy Wax
- Crossroads Showdown Book 3 – Keta Diablo
- Crossroads Showdown Book 4 – Keta Diablo
- Talk to Me – Cassandra Carr
- Controlling Interest – Francesca Hawley
- Pay Up – Kaily Hart
- Rafe Redemption – Jennifer Jakes
- Hot and Sticky – Keta Diablo
- Breaking Free – Cherise Sinclair
Here are the facts by the numbers:
- Seven of the authors I’ve read before
- Five authors are brand new to me
- I’m not sure of the subgenre of three of the novels
- Two are historical romances
- Four are BDSM romances
- Three are M/M
- Two are women’s fiction (not really romance)
- Only one is “just” contemporary (my preferred genre, but it’s hard to find contemporary erotic romances that are hot enough for me)
- One of the romances I won in contest
- Two I purchased based on reviews and other promotions I saw
- Two were recommended to me by Amazon based on my past purchases
- I personally know five of the authors (“know” defined as having had email conversations)
- I’ve featured four of the authors on my blog in some way besides listing their books under my reading list.
I won’t draw any conclusions from this list. I’ll let you do that.